esound.dll

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Sun Oct 28 15:12:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo@msu.edu>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>; "cygx"
<cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 10:05 AM
Subject: RE: esound.dll

> Robert,
>
> I configured this time with --disable-shared and got this output from
> configure:
>
> --- Checking for the audiofile library.  NOTE: This library is now
> --- REQUIRED from proper compilation of the esound package.
> checking for audiofile-config... /usr/local/bin/audiofile-config
> checking for Audio File Library - version >= 0.1.5... yes
> --- libaudiofile found. Building esound with audiofile support

Right, well I now see why the errors. Sorry for being so slow today.

The initial error is a warning, and it was falling back to static only
compilation, but the header decoration I had to put in to esound to
workaround one of the limitations of auto-import prevents static
linking. For now, as all I'm interested in is whether the .dllised
version works, could you build audiofile patched, and install it, and
then try esound as a .dll again.

If that works then I'll do up a 'smarter' decorated version of the
esound headers that should work better.

Rob