fixed font problem doesn't go away

Rajesh J Advani rajesh.jag@wipro.com
Sat Sep 1 02:25:00 GMT 2001

> Try to install fonts mannualy by gunziping
> and untaring fonts *.tgz archives.  Someone
> a while ago reported on Windows9x it helped.

I did try extracting the Xfnts.tgz file manually (using the same
extract.exe command that came in the downloads).
Is there some other extraction utility I should use?
Or should I be extracting some other fonts archives?

One thing - while extracting the Xfnts.tgz, I got an error -
"Skipping to next file header" or something like that. So I downloaded
the file again and extracted it again. But X still doesn't work.

(Please add my email address as a cc while replying since I'm not on
this list.)

TIA,
--
Rajesh J Advani