Broken ProgramTargetName () when !CrossCompiling

Alan Hourihane alanh@fairlite.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 13:54:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 04:46:16PM -0400, Harold Hunt wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Well, one easy one that showed up recently is in
> xc/programs/xedit/lisp/Imakefile, the following line is present, but PROG is
> never defined:
>
> AllTarget(ProgramTargetName($(PROG)))
>
> The build error is:
>
> make[5]: *** No rule to make target `.exe', needed by `all'.
>
> I'm pretty sure that line should be removed.
>
> Actually, that was the only error I got during 'make World' and during 'make
> install'.

Right. But now that everything is built. Just do 'make' from the top level
directory and pipe the output to a file. You'll notice the problems then -
it's only on a subsequent build, like say, when you've change a source file
and just want to rebuild that program.

Let me know what you get.

Alan.