XDMCP and Redhat 7.2

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Apr 12 13:28:00 GMT 2002

Matt,

> No you haven't asked, but no.

Good.

> Good question though.. I am assuming you thought perhaps I was tryin to
> access the wrong network?

Not quite.  The Cygwin folks (esp. Alexander Gottwald) have been working for
some time to make sure that cygwin1.dll is able to return correct
information on the available network interfaces.  The problem situations
have been when a machine has more than one network card, or a token ring
network card.  You don't have either so this isn't a problem.

> Only one card that gets its address from the
> DHCP server on my network.  (Also a linux box)

Hmm... perhaps you should try using the -from parameter with the IP address
of the Windows machine that you are using Cygwin/XFree86 on.  I suspect that
there may be a problem with Windows reporting a certain hostname that your
Linux box can't find an IP address for.  Here's  an example command line:

XWin -query linux_ip_address -from windows_ip_address

Let me know,

Harold