ssh-agent in startxwin.sh?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Aug 1 14:26:00 GMT 2002

Jehan,

I had probably asked the same question of others at some point.
 Remember, I inherited the initial versions of these scripts from
others.  There were no comments, whatsoever, in the initial versions of
these scripts.  As I have said before, I am a terrible computer *user*,
so I have difficulty evaluating whether a command such as ssh-agent
should stay or be taken out.

Can you do a search of the mailing list archives for ssh-agent and let
me know what the conclusion was, if any, about removing it or keeping it?

I am guessing that you are probably right... since I know a little more
about ssh now and I can guess that ssh-agent is only useful to users
that know what they are using it for, and you are right that there
should be a dependency on ssh if we are using ssh-agent.  Just let me
know what you uncover and I will probably remove ssh-agent from
startxwin.sh.

Harold