Java in Windows on X

Brian Genisio BrianGenisio@yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 07:14:00 GMT 2002

Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:
> Hi Stuart,

> A quick web search on "Java", "X11" points me to
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/escher/ .  Sounds interesting.
>

> so long, benny

Yeah, that does sound interesting... It looks more like a Java interface
to the X libraries.  I can see how this would be extremely useful.

Unfortunately, what I am looking for (just peeking for time being), is
the existence of  a VM that supports this functionality, like the *nix
versions do.  It would be neat to run the java VM with a flag that used
the X protocol instead.

Want in one hand, and shit in annother... see which fills up quicker.