help: a bash script to launch x-win and then do someting in x-win

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw@openminddev.net
Sat Aug 17 04:20:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 8:48 pm, hongxun lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to make the script work, but it didn't run as i expected.
> Before x-win lauch process was finished, the commands followed were
> finished already in Bash-window, rather than in x-win.
>
> What should I do ? Thanks

No one can help you unless you provide more information.  You did not say
which script, what commands or any detail at all with which anyone could
offer any advice.  It is not even clear that you are using the Cygwin-XFree
program at all.  For all I know you might be using the commercial X-Win32
program, although that probably does not involve a script.

Please read the XFree-Cygwin website in more detail.  The answer to your
question (whatever it is, as currently we have no idea what your question is)
is probably already answered.  Then search the mailing list archives.  Then
read http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.  Then get back to
to the list.

Rasjid.