Double keystroke effects

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Aug 1 00:27:00 GMT 2002

Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> I'm experiencing a problem similar to that described in
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-05/msg00278.html -- every
> so often, Emacs "hears" a key twice, even though I only typed it once.
>
> In that message you say "I described this on the mailing list awhile
> back.  Look it up if you want more info".  I do indeed want more info
> but I don't know how to find it.  Could you point me to the relevant
> message?
>
> Thanks

Eric,

You have to send all Cygwin/XFree86 questions to the
cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com mailing list (you don't have to subscribe, just
be sure to tell us to cc you in replies).

I found the message you were looking for by searching for "key release
message" at http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/.  The result I was
looking for was message 41... which was easy to find because the message
you referred to above was written in May, while 90% of the messages
before result 41 were from June. The actual message was from February,
which made it stick out in the results list quite well.  If you can't do
that on your own, you need to learn.  It is an essential life skill.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-02/msg00195.html