Utilities

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Mon Aug 26 01:25:00 GMT 2002

Mike,

Everything is accessible in one place (via many mirrors, of course): The
Setup.exe program can download and install everything you're looking for,
including (optionally) source code.

If you want to know which package contains which file, go to
<http://cygwin.com/packages/> and enter a file name (it's a good idea to
include the ".exe" suffix for short names like "vi").

By the way, Cygwin makes a symlink to vim.exe providing the alias "vi", but
the program is vim.exe. If you look for "vi.exe" you'll get packages that
include executables whose (base) names end with "dvi" (TeX related, of course).

Randall Schulz