hardware accelerated OpenGL & Cygwin-XFree ?

Rolf Schneider rolf@sci-d-vis.com
Fri Feb 15 16:16:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

I'd like to migrate a fairly complex application from IRIX/Linux to
bloody "windows" using Cygwin-XFree. My app. makes extensive use of
OpenGL in several different windows. I assume OpenGL in Cygwin-XFree
means "MESA". Unfortunately, a software implementation of OpenGL isn't
fast enough to drive my application.

Hmm, would it be possible to configure XFree, so that Window's OpenGl
libs/drivers are being used instead of MESA? Since Window's OpenGL
drivers will almost certianly be hardware accelerated, my application
would become very fast...

Thanks for your help!

    Rolf