Log filling up

Cary Jamison Cary.Jamison@powerquest.com
Wed Feb 27 16:51:00 GMT 2002

What would this function do if it were implemented?
It doesn't seem like it would need to do anything, anyway.

> have to fix it yourself.  (Of course, the easy solution is to
> download the
> source as in the Cygwin/XFree86 Contributor's Guide, goto to file
> xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/wincursor.c
> http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/w
> incursor.c,
> #if 0 the ErrorF message that is bothering you, then compile
> according to
> the instructions in the Contributor's Guide... we're talking
> *maybe* 30
> minutes of your time)

Thanks for the info on what to change.  I think I'll play around and
try to determine what is causing the message, be it goScreen or whatever,
first.  I'd rather make this change than never have any log output by
redirecting the log to /dev/null.  Of course, things always take longer
than expected - I'm sure I'm missing some other cygwin stuff to be able
to do a quick 30 minute change (like gcc, for one).

Wait, I could just do a binary edit and change that string to null, like
Alexander suggested I do to the "/tmp/XWin.log" string to change it to
"/dev/null\0...".  Outputting a null string shouldn't fill up the log.
I'll give that a try after I figure out if goScreen or what is the culprit.

> Harold

Cary

---
Cary Jamison