Q: Cygwin/Xfree is running very slow... any hints ?

Brian Genisio briangenisio@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 23:55:00 GMT 2002

Jean,

So you said earlier that you were running ICE Window manager... Did you compile
(or acquire binaries) for the most recent version of ICE?  Have you tried twm
instead?  I am pretty sure that is packaged with the Cygwin/XFree binaries.  I
know twm is much smaller and less complex than ICE.  If it is not, do a quick
search through /usr/X11R6/bin for *wm*, and try to run one of the window
managers you already have.  Possibly ICE is the problem?

Just a thought,
Brian