Problems starting X server

Thomas Chadwick j_tetazoo@hotmail.com
Sun Jul 21 10:19:00 GMT 2002

Are you sure you've installed the XFree86-xserv package?  To verify it's
installed, check for the existence of /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin.exe and a symbolic
link at /usr/X11R6/bin/X that points to it.

Also, look for the existence of the file /tmp/XWin.log.  If it exists, post
its contents here.

I believe the instructions you are referring to are out of date WRT the
"new" installation method via Cygwin Setup.