problems with XFree

Dennis Foreman dforeman@stny.rr.com
Tue Jul 23 21:39:00 GMT 2002

>[Smoke billows from Harold's keyboard as he quickly rewrites 20 years of
>open-source and free-software to be compatible with Solaris, because
>Dennis Foreman thought it would be a neat idea.]  Nice idea, but you
>will have to work on that one yourself.

It's not my idea. I have been to conferences where customers begged for
compatibility. In fact, I was the founder of the IBM VM Compatibility Review
Board in the 80's. I got a lot of code changed to make it compatible. I
didn't make a lot of friends doing it. Compatibility with the past begins
with one person, today, having the guts to say: I'm going to make MY code
compatible. Then convincing others to do the same.

 regards,
 D. J. Foreman, Ph. D.
 Dept of Computer Science
 Binghamton University