Scrollbars patch

Jehan nahor@bravobrava.com
Thu Jul 11 11:46:00 GMT 2002

Harold L Hunt wrote:

>>>8) I added WM_MAXIMIZE to the window style when -scrollbars is passed.
>>>This
>>>allows one to maximize the Cygwin/XFree86 window.  However, there are a
>>>few
>>>problems here... such as, what is a maximized 800x600 window on a 1024x768
>>>screen?  I dunno... try it, it is weird.
>>
>>I wanted to but I can't compile for now (missing xf86openConfigFile,
>>xf86readConfigFile, xf86closeConfigFile at link timeand I don't have
>>time to look at that yet)
>>But, a wild guess, isn't ptMaxSize in WM_GETMINMAXINFO for that? (MSDN,
>>MINMAXINFO: ptMaxSize | when a window is maximized or resized, ...)
>>

> I've included a tarball with the missing files above.
>
> We can't make ptMaxSize larger than our visual size, because we could have an
> 800x600 visual on a 1024x768 display... we would end up with several thousand
> blank pixels if we really maximized the window.  That is the weirdness that I
> was talking about.

Now that I can compile and test, here how it works.
- ptMaxSize is the maximum size of the window when you press the
maximize button. In practice, when you maximzed a window, it takes the
min between ptMaxSize, ptMaxTrackSize, and the Windows desktop (at least
on my single monitor machine) .
- ptMaxTrackSize is the maximum size of the window when dragging a
border (or using the size in the system menu).

Also, I don't think we want a bigger window than what Windows set (do we
wan't the window to be bigger than the Windows (virtual) desktop?)
So I suggest that:
	ptMaxSize = min (ptMaxSize, size of visual)
	ptMaxTrackSize = min (ptMaxTrackSize , size of visual)

   Jehan