Scrollbars are stealing the WM_MOUSEWHEEL message

Jehan nahor@bravobrava.com
Sun Jul 21 15:43:00 GMT 2002

Harold Hunt wrote:
> Any suggestions?

I can't reproduce it on my system (WinXP). Do you have a special driver
for you mouse by any chance (Intellimouse and the like)? It's well known
that some applications are not friendly with the mouse wheel. The
drivers try sometimes to fix it but then break other applications. Try
looking in the mouse control panel see if you can make XWin an exception
or something like that.
OTOH, I can't scroll XWin at all with the wheel. On my old system (Win2k
with Intellimouse), when I had the mouse pointer on a scrollbar and used
the wheel, the scrollbar was moving (up/down for vertical ones,
left/right for horizontal ones). It doesn't do that on my current system.

	Jehan