replies to xfree

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jul 22 07:44:00 GMT 2002

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> --- Dennis Foreman <dforeman@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Shouldn't replies to a list automatically go to the list? My replies
>>seem to
>>be going to the personal mail of posters. I believe there is a setting
>>in
>>many list servers that prevents the replies from going to the poster.
>>
>>regards,
>>D. J. Foreman
>>website: http://WWW.CS.Binghamton.EDU/~foreman
>>

> Hi,
>
> I usually hit reply to all and forget about it.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas

And I usually add tags to my signature line to the effect of (Harold
``don't cc me in replies'' Hunt).  But you never seem to notice them.

There are two situations, encompassing all of the time that I spend
reading Cygwin/XFree86, in which I do not want to be cc'd:

1) I am at home where the Cygwin/XFree86 email is filtered out of my
inbox and into a special folder.  I only want to read Cygwin/XFree86
email when I open that special folder.  I do not want to see
Cygwin/XFree86 email in my inbox; that is why I setup the filter.

2) I am viewing my email via an IMAP client, in which case all messages
are in a single folder.  Thus, for any cc'd messages I see two copies.

Maybe I'll just stop responding altogether when I get cc'd.  Maybe some
people would enjoy that :)