problems with XFree

Tom Bozack bozackt1@ridgecrest.ca.us
Thu Jul 25 03:14:00 GMT 2002

Harold Hunt wrote:
>>Harold, thanks for the suggestions.  I was hoping that oue of them would
>>solve the problem.  I checked and found only one cygwin1.dll on the
>>system.  It's dated 5 July.  I update frequently using setup.exe.
>>
>>I agree with you assessment of Windows.  However, my problem isn't the
>>BSOD but XFree86 seg fault.  Windows keeps on working and the (apparent)
>>memory leak resolves itself after CFree86 croaks.
>>
>>Let me know if there is anything else I can do on my end to identify the
>>problem.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Tom
>

> Tom,
>
> Have you sent in the contents of /tmp/XWin.log from a time when this problem
> happens?
>
> Harold

Harold

Here it is:

ddxProcessArgument () - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1024 h 768
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows 95/98/Me
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 00000017
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL () - Using Windows display depth of 16 bits
per pixel
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - Not changing video mode
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 2048
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 00007c00 000003e0 0000001f BPRGB 5 d 16
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
winScreenInit () - returning
winCloseScreenShadowDDNL () - Freeing screen resources
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows 95/98/Me
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 00000017
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - Not changing video mode
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 2048
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 00007c00 000003e0 0000001f BPRGB 5 d 16
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
winScreenInit () - returning

Looks unremarkable to me, but I hope it tells you something useful.

Regards,
Tom