Can't remote connect to XF86 on Win2K

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson@agere.com
Fri Jun 21 07:57:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have used cygwin/XF86 4.1.0 on Win95/98 for sometime and it works
fine, but on Win2k machines the server starts and I can make local
connections, but remote connections just cause a AUDIT messages on the
cygwin console:

AUDIT: Fri Jun 21 14:18:57 2002: 1040 XWin.exe: client 1 rejected from
IP xxx.xx.xx.xxx port 35658

'xhost +' seems to take a long time and has no effect. Trying indirect
XDMCP with another remote machine logs the following on the remote:

Xlib: connection to "myhost:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
Error: Can't open display: myhost:0

'ping myhost' says the machine is alive the name seems resolveable from
the IP address of the machine.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Nick.