[BUG] Fullscreen X not always showing

Jehan Bing jehan@bravobrava.com
Fri Jun 7 04:52:00 GMT 2002

Harold Hunt wrote:

>Randall,
>
>Jehan is indeed talking about a real problem where XWin does not
>successfully register its window.  The result is that there is no window
>entry on the taskbar and you cannot switch to the application via Alt+Tab.
>
>This is a bug and I appreciate the easily reproducible test case.  I'll take
>a look at this.

Well, I was going to write a bigger explanation, but since you obviously
can reproduce it. I'll skip this part :)

>>Personally, I like this. The details of the comings and goings of the
>>full-screen X window are perhaps not ideal, but it's nice that it
>>goes away
>>totally when it's not in front and that I really get the full
>>extent of the
>>monitor without any window frame / border and controls.

Would it be possible to have a mode between normal and fullscreen? I'm
in fullscreen also because I don't want the window frame. But I would
still like to be able to see my taskbar (to see the notification icon in
the systray for instance) or to see the content of both a X window and a
Windows window. Would it be possible to have a window mode but without
the decoration (i.e without the WS_CAPTION, WS_SYSMENU and
WS_MINIMIZEBOX style)?

  Jehan