And we have a xfree cygwin package.. (What are they called?)

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 22:27:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 06:16:31AM +0100, Andrew Markebo wrote:
>separate .tgz? I The executable tgz's of the xfree package? I am
>considering giving it a try using them instead.. small ptoblem might
>be version numbering, can I put version numbers in the hints file?
>(the dist tgz files today is automagically built by xfree makefile(?)
>and therefore I don't want to change their name, to get it as easy as
>possible)

We've moved away from non-versioned tar files.  We're also moving rapidly
away from gzipped tar files.

My question was really to Suhaib or Harold.  I didn't know if they saw
any value in maintaining a separate installation tree using the "old
method", with tgz files.  If they did then we wouldn't be able to
abrogate the xfree directory on sourceware.

cgf