XDMCP error

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Mon May 6 04:49:00 GMT 2002

Scott,

> startxwin.exe -query <server name>

I don't understand, there is no startxwin.exe file distributed with
Cygwin/XFree86.  You must be talking about startxwin.bat or startxwin.sh,
but neither of those can be passed parameters.  What are you talking
about????

> Failed assertion, fds_on_hold != NULL, at line 643 of file
> /cygnus/netrel/src/cygwin-1.3.10-1/winsup/cygwin/dtable.cc

Check for a -kb parameter in the method you are using that does not produce
the error.  This is a known work-around and I suspect that you are
inadvertantly using this parameter.