Unable to get french keyboard with XDMCP connexion on AIX

Franz Wolfhagen FRANZW@dk.ibm.com
Mon May 6 23:08:00 GMT 2002

get a xmodmap.fr file and add the following line (after the xwin command)
in the start shell :

xmodmap <location of your xmodmap file>/xmodmap.fr

Trust me -  it works - you can also transfer a xmodmap.fr file to your AIX
machines and run the same command on them - X doesn't care if you run the
xmodmap command on the client or the server (please try to read my appends
carefully....) you just have to ensure your DISPLAY variable is correct. It
may be a problem running the xmodmap command on the AIX as you have a
french keyboard with an US layout - so you have to experiment a little to
find the correct keys....

BTW - I have succesfuly run the +kb option against a 4.3.3 AIX machine with
no problem - so you could try ....

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Franz Wolfhagen