MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 problem

Sam Edge sam_edgeZZZ@hotmail.com
Tue May 14 12:57:00 GMT 2002

I'd be grateful if someone could point me to information about getting
xauth working with Cygwin/XFree86 at all.

Particularly, how do I generate a file suitable for the "-auth"
parameter of XWin.exe? The documentation I've been able to find all
relies on xdm setting things up and doesn't really explain exactly
what it does. (xdm itself won't run because it expects to be root and
it creates files with colons in their names.)

I've tried generating a file using xauth but no matter what I do the
server refuses connections if the file is non-zero in size but allows
any access if it's empty.

TIA

--
Sam Edge