New package for testing: OpenDX

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@hkpharma.com
Fri May 24 17:15:00 GMT 2002

Rsh is not a must for OpenDX.  You can copy rsh.exe from older version.
I found that rsh.exe somewhere on internet.
OpenDX does not make use of inetd.  It does use DNS lookup either.  Are
you trying to use UI from local client and DX server from a remote
machine?  I believe it is dxworker issue.  Can you not download one of
the older version I patched and use dx and dxowrker scripts from it. It
might help you.  The older versions should still be available from
http://opendx.npaci.edu/bin

Good luck
Suhaib