XWin.exe crashes

Lisi lists@shemeshdirectory.co.il
Sun Nov 3 10:30:00 GMT 2002

I just installed KDE-cygwin, and I haven't gotten it start properly. Based
on the errors I'm getting and the FAQs I've read, the suggestion was to
make sure the paths are mounted in binmode, which involves changing a
registry key. Since I'd prefer not to do that, will this patch work for me
as well?

I am running Cygwin 1.3.13-2, XFree86 4.2.0-2, and KDE 2.2.2-b1 on Win 98.

I realize I am not being very specific about the problem, I am not looking
for a personalized solution (yet!) I just want to know if this solution
might apply to KDE as well.

Any other advice is appreciated as well.

Thanks,

-Lisi