Xwinclip doesn't work with Konsole

Chris Twiner c_twiner@hotmail.com
Fri Nov 22 04:37:00 GMT 2002

>Hi Chris

>>Can you build the xwinclip exe and use the dll supplied
>>(i've put the build_dll.sh in there as well)? Let me know what
>>happens (and the output).

>The copy from X works just like I wrote in my previous mail to
>Harold (see log1), but when I try to copy from Windows, the
>results are unpredictable. (see log2)

Thanks Jozsef,

The output looks as I'd expect for Harolds reasoning.  I've put in his
changes for selecting the CLIPBOARD (an issue with me for a while) output
but I haven't made the thing work yet.  It recognises an owner and calls
xconvertselection, then the flushxevents function is called but the
XNextEvent doesn't show a new message. Bizarre.

I'll keep trying to get clipboard working properly maybe that will be
enough.

chris

PS (the "wierd" behaviour with pasting back the windows clipboard is because
it won't claim ownership unless a windows application has changed the
clipboard since the last primary selection.  This is in my code only.  It
makes logical sense but it doesn't work the way the old one did, as far as
possible it leaves XWin to do it's thing, only claiming the primary
selection once the clipboard has been changed).