Can't connect with XDMCP - Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Nov 27 08:59:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> Zitat von Alexander Gottwald <alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de>:
>
> > Have you tried the -from <yourhost> parameter? The 0.0.0.0 seems like Xwin
> > can't find the correct interface and uses an uncofigured one (maybe
> > dialup)
>
> No, I haven't tried -from.  I just now did, and with -from, I can connect.
>
> Do I understand you right?  It's the "fault" of XWin that it sends the
> 0.0.0.0 IP?  Hmm...

It uses the ip address from which it can connect to the xdmcp server.
Unfortunately, the first NIC has no IP address assigned and the 0.0.0.0 seems
to supersede any other address.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723