color of title bar

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Tue Oct 22 07:51:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Rick Umali wrote:

> Yadin Y. Goldschmidt asked:
> > In rootless mode, how I do I change the color of the window title bar? It
> > always appears green and I would like to change it to blue ...
>
> I believe you may need to explore the window manager. Starting the X
> Server with the default startxwin.bat or startxwin.sh normally fires up
> a window manager. By default, it's typically twm. twm (or whichever
> window manager you're using) is in charge of the title bars, and their
> colors.
>
> I created a .twmrc in my home directory with these lines:
>
>      Color
>      {
>          DefaultBackground "rgb:2/a/9"
>          DefaultForeground "gray85"
>          TitleBackground "rgb:2/a/9"
>          TitleForeground "gray85"
>      }
>
> Check the twm manual page for more details.

Or try fvwm - it has a mode that makes it look just like Windows 95/NT4.
I'm sure with a bit of customizing you could even make it look like XP.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51