-Rootless AND -NoDecoration

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Oct 25 10:24:00 GMT 2002

Randall,

No, there is no such combination of flags.

How do you intend to set the focus to Cygwin/XFree86 without a taskbar
entry?  I mean, you could minimize it and not be able to get it back.

In the future, when we write the Windows-based window manager, I intend
to make Cygwin/XFree86 use a system tray icon rather than a taskbar
icon, but only when using the Windows-based window manager.

Now, from the perspective of building a correct application, can't you
see that it would be incredibly non-standard of us to allow
Cygwin/XFree86 to not have a taskbar icon?  No other Windows application
that needs to be minimized/restored/closed has that behavior.
 Typically, only applications that are either closed or open are in the
system tray.  Can you see my point?  I suppose you could code such a
feature if you wanted that did not change the default behavior, but I'm
not sure how much use it would be to others...

Harold