Building Eterm - please more help

Benjamin Riefenstahl Benjamin.Riefenstahl@epost.de
Thu Oct 31 05:38:00 GMT 2002

Hi Harold,

Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> writes:
> #if defined(PATH_MAX) && (PATH_MAX < 255)
> #  undef PATH_MAX
> #endif
> #ifndef PATH_MAX
> #  define PATH_MAX 255
> #endif
>

> Now, I cannot say that the (PATH_MAX < 255) conditional is actually
> going to mean anything to the C preprocessor that we use, and I will
> bet you money that this just breaks differently on other platforms
> such that PATH_MAX is not being redefined (it is probably never
> defined on those platforms).

I don't understand?  If PATH_MAX is not defined it defaults to 0 in
preprocessor conditionals.  That's just the definition of the C
language.  This may break with a Classic C (pre-ISO C) preprocessor,
because basically *anything* can break on software that doesn't comply
with standards, but who really wants to support Classic C these days?

so long, benny