Problems with xwinclip version 0.5/0.6

Brian Gallew geek@burri.to
Thu Oct 24 05:10:00 GMT 2002

Chris Twiner said:
> Also I'm still a little confused as to why you needed to change the
> build  dll script anyway, what release of cygwin are you using?
> Maybe I and the  others have an older/newer version.

So, the fundamental problem is that gcc-3.2 does name mangling in a
different way than gcc-2.95.  In xwinclip.c you have code which
references "SetHook__Fv" and "RemHook__Fv".  Under gcc-2.95, SetHook
gets mangled to _SetHook__Fv and so it is found properly.  Under
gcc-3.2, SetHook gets mangled to __Z7SetHookv, so it isn't found.

This is the fundamental problem with mixing C++ and C code together.
I've attached a patch to take care of the problem.