X client wrapper for Win apps?

Jehan nahor@bravobrava.com
Thu Sep 19 12:10:00 GMT 2002

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> What about if you use hardware which linux doesn't support (and may
> never support)?  Certain laptops come to mind as well as other
> things, like scientific intstruments.

Good point. I'll buy that.

> Explorer is nothing more than a bloated tool that some of us
> would rather replace.  Just because we don't like one part doesn't
> mean we should throw the baby out with the bath water...

Yeah, right. It's far better to cut the baby into pieces to replace the
part you don't like ;).

> The point, I think, is that some of us want to use the
> other 80% of the documented (and undocumented) Windows API w/o
> emulation.

Again, this point is moot. WINE is aiming at that. It's not there yet
but it's its goal. "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water"

> So what's the big deal?  Again, we know your stance, I
> don't think there is anything you can say that I(we) haven't already
> heard.

1. If everybody knows *my* stance, then everybody knows *yours* too so
you could shut up too then but...
1. ... *you* knowing my stance doesn't mean everybody knows.
3. If my posts bother you so much, just don't read them. Let me use my
right to free speech. Thanks.
4. Give me valid point (like the hardware thing) and I'll just up. API
compatibility isn't a valid one since it can be easily fix (more easily
that writing a new GDI driver).

	Jehan