Uninstall cygwin for Windows under Windows XP

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Sep 12 11:47:00 GMT 2002

Skip,

I am feeling polite, so I will hold your hand on this one a little bit.

All Cygwin files are installed in the directory that you chose when you
ran setup.exe.  One easy way to get rid of Cygwin is to delete this
folder (usually c:\cygwin).  However, that will leave the icons and such
in place for Cygwin in the Start Menu and on the desktop.  There will
also be a few registry keys that will have no adverse effect on your
system if you leave them in place.

Alternatively, the Cygwin setup.exe program may have an ``uninstall''
option that does remove the icons, etc.  However, I would not know for
sure because I never uninstall Cygwin.

Harold