two new -multiwindow bugs

Jack Tanner ihok@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 23:16:00 GMT 2003

Nick Crabtree:
>> Presumably, the xterm should get positioned on the same monitor regardless
>> whether I use -rootless or -multiwindow.
> Which of your monitors is the primary? I'm guessing it is the right hand one
> (note that monitor 1 is not necessarily the primary, you have the choice).
> If you set the primary monitor to be the left hand one then the xterm will
> appear on the same monitor for both cases below.
>
> If it really matters to you then I could have a look at the code.

Sorry about taking so long to respond. I didn't think this was a
problem, but it is.

As I described earlier in the thread, a new xterm gets positioned on the
wrong monitor with -multiwindow -multiplemonitors (it shows up on the
primary monitor, instead of at the origin on the leftmost monitor). The
problem is that the mouse pointer gets positioned in the correct spot --
at the origin of the leftmost monitor. It's the two being out of sync
that's bothersome.

Best,
JT