"no buffer space available" on Win2K

Karl Waclawek karl@waclawek.net
Wed Apr 30 18:05:00 GMT 2003

> Vince,
>
> Is your machine under heavy load or under heavy network load?  I am
> wondering if some buffer on your network card is actually being
> overfilled, rather than Windows reporting that a socket-layer buffer is
> being overfilled.

Even though this question wasn't directed at me, it seems I should report
that the buffer error was happening almost exclusively when I was
running Kylix remotely. I did observe that Kylix is very heavy on
XWindows load and - with a slow VPN connection - was much more affected
by the speed of the connection than any of the other apps, like
Mozilla or Konqueror.

Karl