Rootless Mode

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2003

Stephen,

What was that all about?

We are working on a Windows-based window manager.  Need I say that again?

If Window Maker is broken, then use one of twm, mwm (lesstif package),
openbox, etc.

Harold

Bovy, Stephen wrote:

FYI

I have been experimenting with "exceed" window manager and "cygwin"
Integration/synergy.

It is "interesting" to note that I can execute the "windowmaker"
cygwin-port and get it
To work natively with the "exceed" X-window server.  The clip , the dock
, ect all
Pop-up as "icons" on my windows desktop.

Now if this capability could be further refined to work with "cygwin" in
rootless mode,
In a manner that is complimentry/compatible/integrated and
non-disruptive with the
Normal windows desktop and/or other windows,  and maybee even try to
integrate it
With the "task/bar" ..  Then we would have a very powerfull
"integration" technology.

Of course "unfortunately" the window-maker port is currently "broken" so
it is hard
To do further "experiments"