'Wrong' dll names in 4.3.0-1 packages -> breaks all 3rd partyX apps

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sat Aug 2 03:28:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Hmm.  If these packages are built against cygwin-1.5.1, they should be
> marked as test packages.  It doesn't look like they are.
>
> Am I missing something, Harold?
> --

Yes, I changed the plan to make a 1.3.x release of XFree86 4.3.0 before
the 1.5.1 release.  The idea here is to help is differentiate between
1.5.1 bugs and 4.3.0 bugs.

The whole point of applications needing to be recompiled is going to be
moot as soon as Cygwin 1.5.1 is released, since they will all have to be
recompiled anyway.