request for new feature

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Aug 4 15:49:00 GMT 2003

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, David Fraser wrote:
>

>>>I can send you code which spawns new processes from a running windows app.
>>
>>Could you send it to the list?
>

>     /* we must build this string with information about mount points */
>     const char* command = "c:\\cygwin\\usr\\x11r6\\xterm.exe -display :0.0";

That line and comment are really the crux of my whole argument.  It is
simple to spawn a process.  It is not necessarily so simple to use a
non-hardcoded path to the executables, nor is it so easy to ensure that
zombie consoles are not created in the process.

In any case, I appreciate that you at least have given others something
to start with.

Thanks,