rfe: seamless windows integration

Jack Tanner ihok@hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 02:10:00 GMT 2003

This is a pipe dream, but it's a pipe dream worth striving for.

1. X should run as a service. There's no reason for it to run as a
user-launched app.

2. All X client application on one's machine should have shortcuts
associated with them in the start menu, and these shortcuts should be
created automatically during installation.

3. Exiting X (e.g., by stopping the service) should list all cygwin
processes that were launched under X and prompt the user to terminate
them. For example, an ssh-agent launched from an xterm should be killed
automatically.

I know there are ways of approximating these behaviors now; I'm just
suggesting that these be built in.

-JT