No keyboard with XFree86 4.0.3

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Aug 5 16:23:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Lester Ingber wrote:

> Yes, I do have
> XF86_Switch_VT_1        :1008FE01
>
> Yes, I do see XKEYSMDB under `printenv`, but I do not have any
> entry in my files that set this?  Worse, I see
> XKEYSYMDB=/usr/X11R5/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
> In fact, I see a lot of variables set using X11R5.

Maybe you had another xserver installed (maybe MiX)

> In /usr/ I just did
> ln -s X11R6 X11R5
> and now my keyboard works OK under XFree.
>
> I'd like to track down where the X11R5 variables are being set?

(Instructions are for win2k. Labels are translated from german, so
they may be called differently on winxp or english versions)
Check the Entry "System" from the Windows Controlpanel. On the
last tab (Advanced?) is an entry for environment vars. Search there
for the entries.

bye
	ago
--