XWinrc configurable server (menus/icons)

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Aug 6 14:49:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Earle F. Philhower III wrote:

> The started
> app sees all ENV variables that XWin.exe saw at startup, so if you set
> your DISPLAY before starting XWin you don't need the -display x.x.x.x:y.y
> options.

Don't rely on that. At our company many people are using just XWin and no
startup scripts (were using it to connect to a compute server). There is
no DISPLAY variable set.

And you don't know if the Microsoft Services for Unix will preset DISPLAY
so some very strange value *g*

bye
	ago
--