rfe: seamless windows integration

Brian E. Gallew geek@burri.to
Wed Aug 6 19:27:00 GMT 2003

Jack Tanner wrote:
> It would be a bad idea to install icons for apps that aren't there,
> though, and so I'm tempted to argue against a
> XFree86-start-menu-icons-4.3.0-1.tar.bz2. On the other hand, there may
> be a smart way of writing the scripts for that tarball, such that a
> particular icon is installed only if the app is actually present. This
> way Emacs and all the other packages wouldn't have to be altered.

Yes, there's a "good" way to do this.  And it will be done that way.
Further, I'll write it so that it checks for certain common things that
aren't X packages, but still make sense to be there (e.g. emacs).
Finally, it'll be hierarchical because flat menu spaces (unlike flat
address spaces) are Evil(tm).

Oh, yeah, and my intent is to have a copy of the script in Harold's
capable hands some time tonight.