New on sourceware: XFree86-bin-icons-4.3.0-1

Philippe Bastiani philippe.bastiani@wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 12 17:34:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

> > -1- when I start a X module, this one does not appear in the START menu
(XP
> > style). I need to open 2 times the menu to see the new entry.
>
> I have no idea what this means.

In fact, it seems to me that's a 'hidden' specification of WinXp !

> > -2- if i start several X modules, only the last module appear in the
menu:
> > the second X entry hides the first one; the third entry hides the second
> > one; and so on...
>
> If you're talking about a "Recent Applications" thing, then yes, you
> should get behaviour like this.  Every one of these commands is launched
> by /usr/X11R6/bin/run (you can see this by looking at the properties for
> the shortcuts).  If you don't use the run command, then pretty much
> every program will end up with a useless console window (except rxvt).

Ok.. so again, a 'hidden' specification of WinXp :( I made some others
tests: it seems that WinXP does not manage properly shortcup with parameters
in the command line...

A+
Philippe