DDD dies on me (pt 2)

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Thu Aug 14 02:50:00 GMT 2003

Howdy Andrew...
At 09:22 AM 8/13/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks for the help.  I have managed to get XWin to crash in both places
>again (which one happens is random, but these are the only 2).  I have
>attached the log file from the modified program as well as a stack trace
>from gdb for each one.  Given some proverbial free time, I will try to do
>some more debugging.  FYI, this is just the CVS code.  I will go back to the
>web and find the place where it tells me how to add the test code to the CVS
>code and try that.  Also, though I mentioned it in the original thread, I am
>not sure I reminded you in this thread that I was running ddd from a Linux
>box (though that should not make a difference).

Well, all the parameters look OK.  I was fearing there were negative
heights in the pixmap, like for Windows bitmaps when they're in VGA
reversed order.

The only thing I can point you to is to get a dump of the locals of
that miGetImage function right before it does the for(i=0..h) {}.
Especially linelength, which should equal the xStride that's calculated
in the winXIcontoHICON function.  Also the value of i and pDst when
the lower level functions barf would be interesting.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com