Xcdroast

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw@openminddev.net
Mon Aug 18 13:01:00 GMT 2003

> Camron W. Fox <cwfox@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > 	Can xcdroast be compiled and used on cygwin? If so, how do you get
> > around the root configuration issue?

Xcdroast is simply a front-end for cdrecord and various other utilities.  As
such, it is meaningless to compile it for Cygwin/XFree86 unless the
underlying utiilities work under cygwin.

I would suggest going to the CDRecord homepage
(http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html).

Look for cdrtools and read the README.win32 which gives instructions on how to
compile cdrtools under cygwin.  Questions related to getting cdrecord etc to
compile etc could be directed to the cygwin@cygwin.com list (since it is not
a X application), but make sure you have done your homework first.

If you can get cdrecord working, then you could look at trying to get xcdroast
working under Cygwin.  xcdroast is built with the GTK.  Last I heard
compiling GTK apps under Cygwin was not completely trivial.
http://cygnome.sourceforge.net/ may be a good starting point.  Others may
suggest other sites.  I'm not really up on this.

Anyway, good luck.  :-)

Rasjid.

--

Rasjid Wilcox