Windows dialer starts when doing ssh

terry tg5027@citlink.net
Sat Aug 23 19:26:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

Thought I'ld try again... I have a Win98se machine running cygwin.
After running startxwin.bat (no multiwindow - twm running) and typing in
'ssh computer' in a terminal window, the windows dialer appears.  How
can this happen?

The windows machine is on a network with only Linux machines, and is set
up with a fixed IP address and name.  The windows machine currently uses
a dialup connection for internet/email access, but is being converted to
using them through ssh to a Linux machine (a process that may take a
long while).  The ssh works fine after closing the dialer.

Is there a way to do the same function a /etc/resolve.conf to specify
the domain first as the order for looking for the host?

TIA,

terry