-nounixkill appears broken in 4.3.0.1 Windows 2000

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Aug 25 17:09:00 GMT 2003

Alexander,

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, John M. Adams wrote:
>

>>Dear Friends,
>>
>>It seems to me that -[no]unixkill is not working with XWin 4.3.0.1.
>>-[no]winkill does work.
>

> Hm, quite strange.
>
> The options do work, but are superseeded by the device independent
> layers.
>
> Now there are two different places where these keys are handled.
> In the xwin-specific code where we filter the keypress and terminate
> xwin if unixkill is set and inside the dix layer which now handles
> ctrl-alt-backspace internally (without displaying the dialogbox).

Do you know when they changed this?  I never noticed any news about it.

> you can temporarily disable it with
>
> xmodmap "keycode 22 = BackSpace"
>
> and enable it with
>
> xmodmap "keycode 22 = BackSpace Terminate_Server"

Are we going to need to rework the way that nounixkill works?  Or maybe
#ifdef out the handling in the dix layer?