sun binary on windows

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Dec 10 20:33:00 GMT 2003

Shashikant Sharma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded and installed cygwin from internet on my windows2000 PC. And
> I'm trying to execute a sun binary executable in cygwin shell, but I keep
> getting error. The command lines run fine. old scripts are running fine,
> except the executable.
> This executable doesn't need any library file, or graphical interface. It's
> juts a file translator. Since I don't have the source code for it, I would
> like to get it runnable on windows, as we have ported most of other modules
> to windows already.

Copying a binary to Windows and getting it to run is not an aim of the
Cygwin/X project, nor of the Cygwin project in general.  You would need
a SPARC emulator and an installation of Solaris under the emulator in
order to do something like that.  Anyway, this is way off-topic for this
mailing list.  Please take this discussion to a list that can actually
help you.