Portable Cygwin works, but XWin fails

fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net
Wed Dec 10 23:41:00 GMT 2003

> No, you don't need to.  Just Xwin.exe -nolisten local.

Thank you. This worked just fine. I take the point about Google-ing - that's
how I learned that diverting tmp/XWin.log might help. I didn't see the
"-nolisten local" advice ...

Just one final question: when I get into rxvt after "XWin -nolisten
local -multiwindow &", the keyboard suddenly becomes USA, whereas it is set
(correctly) to UK otherwise, within bash, within rxvt and for that matter
within Windows. In this case, when I exit rxvt back to bash, the UK keyboard
is recovered.

Does the "-nolisten local" switch impose some kind USA default, as it would
indeed appear to do?

Fergus